Fish Oil Omega 3
Since the past decade, Omega 3 Fish oils have become America’s favorite fish oil supplements. It is because of the level of benefits they offer to the users. The fish oils contain essential fatty acids which must be consumed by the humans as they are essential for a number of processes of the body but cannot be manufactured by the body itself. It also contains both docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Omega 3 oils have been found beneficial in preventing heart disease and mental disorders and are also regarded as potent nerve tonics and cognitive enhancers. In addition to being important for the vital organs, the Omega 3 oils are also important in enhancing the beauty of the body by increasing the shine in the nails, hair and skin. They have also been found to enhance sexual abilities to some extent.
Fish oils are perhaps the most anciently used and the most commonly known food supplements. They are being used since the prehistoric times. In the recent studies (in the last decade) it has been found that these oils can have some adverse effects too. To overcome these effects, the omega 3 treated fish oils have been developed. This treatment preserves the useful ingredients of the oils, removing the harmful ones. Now the Omega 3 fish oils are being used more than the normal ones.
Mode of Action
Omega 3 oils contain the essential fatty acids, the fatty acids the body cannot make. The uses of the essential fatty acids in the body are
- They are the components of some important fats in the body
- Fat-soluble vitamins need them to be metabolized
- They form the HDL Cholesterols
- The sex hormones need them as essential ingredients
- They help remove the plaque from the arteries
- They are the components of the protective coatings of the brain and the nerve fibers
In addition to the essential fatty acids, the fish oils also contain some vitamins and coenzymes, most importantly vitamin D and vitamin A. All these are important chemicals the body requires for proper functioning and if deficient they can lead to serious consequences.
Effects Fish oil has a wide range of benefits and positive effects on the whole body. The most prominent effects are:
- Reduction in the deposition of plaque on the inner walls of the arteries
- Reduction in the risk of stroke and heart disease
- Regulation of blood pressure
- Better appearance and strength of hair, nails, and skin
- Increased sexual power has also been reported by some of the users
- It can also help increase cognitive ability with permanent use
Fish oil is marked safe for all adults. In minors, it may be used with the consent of a doctor. The omega 3 fish oil has a recommended daily dose of 3 grams for a normal healthy person. Overdosage may lead to hypervitaminosis as it is rich in vitamins. Fish oil is safe to be used during pregnancy and sometimes doctors even prescribe it as an essential supplement during pregnancy.