Phosphatidylcholine is also known by the name 1,2-diacyl-:ussn:ueglycero-3-phosphocholine, Fosfatidilcolina, Lipodissolve, Lipolight, Lipolyse, Lipothérapie, Lipotherapy, Phosphatidyl Choline, Phospholipid, Phospholipide, Phospholipon, Polyenylphosphatidylcholine and Polyénylphosphatidylcholin. It is converted by the body to acetylcholine which is a chemical present in the brain and used by it to conduct signals from one cells to another. Phosphatidylcholine enhances the brain function by maintaining the level of acetylcholine in the body. Another important function of the chemical in the body is to burn extra fat from the body and the nerves. In this way it can be effective in preventing the onset of not only the brain diseases but also the obesity-caused diseases.
This is a chemical abundantly found in eggs, soybeans, mustard, sunflower, and some other foods. The substance is being used as a food supplement and cognitive enhancer since a long time. Even before Phosphatidylcholine was identified as a cognitive enhancer, the foods which contain it were used as cognitive enhancer products. It has been found to be effective in enhancing the brain functions and increasing the ability of the brain to process information faster and have better memory.
Mode of Action
Like most of the other cognitive enhancer supplements, the Phosphatidylcholine also increases the brain function and cognitive abilities by increasing the secretion of choline in the brain and nerve cells. Choline is a neurotransmitter, the chemical used by the nerves to convey messages from one nerve cell to the other. It also helps dissolve the phospholipids which are the main component of the fat that accumulates on the body to cause obesity. As an added benefit, the chemical can help the user to shed extra weight in matter of days. It also aids the lever function by enabling it process the fat based compounds faster and easier.
Phosphatidylcholine is found to have a number of positive effects on the nervous system as well as on the general health of the body. The most prominent effects of the chemical are
- It increases the cognitive abilities and mental power by increasing the level of communication and coordination within the brain and with the peripheral nervous system,
- It increases liver health by aiding the disposal of fat based compounds and phospholipids
- It increases the life expectancy of the liver cells by protecting them against the phosphorus based toxins
- It helps the lever cells repair themselves after the damage from toxic chemicals
- It is known to dissolve body fat in a very short time
- It is known to increase the health of the cardiovascular system by cleansing the fat deposits from the inside of arteries
The chemical is a thoroughly naturally occurring substance and it has been marked safe for use by adults. The chemical has a half-life of about 5 hours in the blood line of a human and tends to sustain notable concentration for up to 12 hours. It can be used by pregnant and breast feeding women under the supervision of their physicians.